Providing Orthodontics for All Ages
We believe that everyone all around O’Fallon, MO, should have the opportunity to experience 5-star orthodontic care toward a wonderful, new smile.
We proudly support orthodontics of all ages here at WingHaven® Orthodontics.
WingHaven® Orthodontics offers a variety of orthodontic options for kids, teens, and adults. Whether you prefer something fixed or removable, Dr. Cheryl L. Held and our team have a treatment for you.
These options include:
- Keyless Expanders
- Smart metal braces
- Smart clear braces
Be sure to take advantage of our free consultation to see if one of these options is best for you.
Early Orthodontic Treatment for Children
The American Association of Orthodontists and Dr. Held recommend that children see an orthodontist as early as age seven. At this point, Dr. Held can evaluate whether your child will need orthodontic treatment.
If no treatment is necessary at an early age, Dr. Held will monitor your young child through the growth stages to make sure their dental and facial development remain on track. This free monitoring keeps parents and guardians in the loop regarding their children’s dental and facial development status.
Dr. Held recommends the highly beneficial two-phase treatment if your child needs orthodontic care at a young age. Many parents mistakenly believe that two-phase treatment is just wearing braces twice.
However, that is not accurate. During the first phase or “early treatment,” Dr. Held can:
- Guide the width of the upper and lower dental arches
- Gain space for permanent teeth
- Avoid the need for permanent tooth extractions
- Reduce the likelihood of impacted permanent teeth
- Correct thumb-sucking
- Eliminate abnormal swallowing or speech problems
In other words, treating children during their early growth stages allows Dr. Held to achieve results that might not be possible once facial bones have fully developed and can significantly simplify later second-phase treatment.
While a referral from the family dentist is wonderful, you don’t need one to schedule a free consultation appointment at WingHaven® Orthodontics.
Orthodontics for Teens
“Oh no! Not braces!”
Braces no longer need to be something that your teen dreads. In fact, braces come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, making life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and more stylish than in the past.
Here at WingHaven® Orthodontics, we will do everything that we can to get you the perfect smile you want as quickly as possible (and offer you a variety of options and styles to choose from until we‘re there).
How Long Will My Teen Have to Wear Braces?
The amount of time that it takes to treat your smile with braces depends upon three key factors:
1. Early Treatment
- Early treatment enables Dr. Held to monitor the growth of the jaw and recommend further orthodontic treatment if necessary.
- Not everybody receives early orthodontic treatment; in some cases, Dr. Held may recommend that your teen waits until later to receive treatment.
2. What Needs Correction
- The amount of treatment needed to correct a problem will determine how long the process takes.
- Different patients react to treatments differently:
- While it may take one patient only 12 months to complete treatment, it may take another 24 months.
- The treatment time depends upon how quickly your teen’s body responds and how much work it takes to give your teen the show-stopping smile they desire.
- Your willingness to use the appliances properly that Dr. Held gives you plays a major role in the length of time that it takes to complete your treatment.
- Always remember to take care of your braces and appliances; this truly will help to make your treatment shorter!
Orthodontic braces are a big part of life for many teenagers in O’Fallon, MO, and nationwide. Though they might have had a bad reputation in the past, today’s braces make it easy to look and feel good!
Orthodontics for Adults
Having straight teeth is worthwhile not only for children, but also for adults. As we grow older, our teeth tend to move inward, which creates crowding—a common problem for many teens and adults.
As a result, it may be difficult to keep teeth clean and healthy. Orthodontic treatment can definitely make a difference for adults of all ages!
One in every five patients in orthodontic treatment is over age 21. The oldest patient that Dr. Held treated was 61 years young. Health, happiness, and self-esteem are vitally important at any age. It’s never too late!
It’s an exciting time because new technologies have opened up a whole new world for adults who thought they were no longer candidates for orthodontic treatment.
Invisalign®, for example, makes it convenient for adults to undergo orthodontic treatment that’s nearly invisible and fits very well into any active and public lifestyle. As another option, our clear ceramic braces look fantastic while giving you a functional and beautiful smile.
Orthodontic treatment at WingHaven® Orthodontics can definitely make a difference for adults of all ages!